Sarasota Herald Tribune - Sarasota Herald-Tribune specials are false

1.7

I received an email from the Sarasota Herald-Tribune in January offering 23(?) weeks of Thurs-Sun delivery for a low price which I signed up for on Jan 18, 2017. My cc was charged a total of $54.17 and the first paper was received on Jan 26.

Saturday, March 11, I received an invoice claiming that my subscription was set to expire on March 30 and if I wanted to continue delivery I would need to pay a fee. I just spoke with a csr who claimed not to have any knowledge of the email; what a bunch of crooks! I checked my Herald-Tribune account online and the information is vague; doesn't list total pd, subscription start/end, etc. Why would I pay so much money, for 2 months, for a newspaper that is inferior to other papers.

Tampa has a free paper called TBT that is better than the local newspapers that charge a fee.

Unfortunately, I deleted the email once I had subscribed thinking everything was ok since this was the 2nd time I had signed up for one of their specials. Will never subscribe to this paper again since I only purchased the special for my elderly parents.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sarasota Herald Tribune Subscription.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Delivery.

I didn't like: False, False email specials, Vague account page for customer review.

Comments

Luzy
Sarasota County, Florida, United States #1317068

4/16/17: I'm still receiving the Thur-Sun Sarasota Herald Tribune paper but have not heard from anyone except for another invoice received last Thurs for service renewal. Like I said in the original post will never subscribe to this paper again; not worth the money....did return the invoice with a note stating the same thing mentioned in this post.